Javonte Higgins competent to stand trial | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- The sole suspect in a Kentwood double murder from December is competent to stand trial on unrelated charges.
Javonte Higgins is charged with home invasion and fleeing from police in Wyoming. His preliminary exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.
Higgins is the suspect in the murders of David and Vivian Bouwman in their home in Kentwood back in January. He has not yet been charged in that case.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: The Princeton Review names the nation's greenest colleges
- My Town EGR: Public Safety Director reminds riders to remember the helmet ordinance
- My Town EGR: Shuttered beauty boutique reopens as fitness store
- My Town: Lake Drive construction means driving detours
- My Town EGR: Water main flushing to start soon