Javonte Higgins competent to stand trial | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- The sole suspect in a Kentwood double murder from December is competent to stand trial on unrelated charges.
Javonte Higgins is charged with home invasion and fleeing from police in Wyoming. His preliminary exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.
Higgins is the suspect in the murders of David and Vivian Bouwman in their home in Kentwood back in January. He has not yet been charged in that case.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry