Javonte Higgins competent to stand trial | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- The sole suspect in a Kentwood double murder from December is competent to stand trial on unrelated charges.
Javonte Higgins is charged with home invasion and fleeing from police in Wyoming. His preliminary exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.
Higgins is the suspect in the murders of David and Vivian Bouwman in their home in Kentwood back in January. He has not yet been charged in that case.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Spectrum Integrated Care Campus welcomes first patients
- The pros and cons of six kinds of milk
- My Town: Cornerstone University 'Night of Nets' founder up for $10k charity prize
- Spectrum opens Integrated Care Campus on East Beltline
- My Town: Restaurant Week GR to include specials from 66 restaurants
- My Town EGR: City council approves tighter restrictions on panhandling
- My Town EGR: Lakeside Drive construction enters new phase
- My Town: Gaslight Village retailer welcomes new name and location
- My Town: Aquinas College professor elected to Lilly Fellows Program's national board
- My Town: Enjoy the Dog Days of Summer with dogs July 15