Javonte Higgins competent to stand trial | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- The sole suspect in a Kentwood double murder from December is competent to stand trial on unrelated charges.
Javonte Higgins is charged with home invasion and fleeing from police in Wyoming. His preliminary exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.
Higgins is the suspect in the murders of David and Vivian Bouwman in their home in Kentwood back in January. He has not yet been charged in that case.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Ada/Cascade: Evangelical leaders discuss immigration reform
- My Town: New business brings vegan handbags, fashion benefits to Grand Rapids area
- My Town Cascade: Academy of Music in Grand Rapids celebrates new space
- My Town Kentwood: TSA expands prescreening option at Ford Airport
- Ada woman charged in fatal crash accepts plea
- My Town EGR: Snow hinders water meter readers for a second month
- My Town EGR: A way through life's transitions
- My Town EGR: City commissioners review Boulevard Bridge project March 3
- My Town EGR: Final performances of CLUE the musical
- My Town EGR: City commissioners to review Boulevard Bridge project plans