Javonte Higgins competent to stand trial | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- The sole suspect in a Kentwood double murder from December is competent to stand trial on unrelated charges.
Javonte Higgins is charged with home invasion and fleeing from police in Wyoming. His preliminary exam is scheduled for next Wednesday.
Higgins is the suspect in the murders of David and Vivian Bouwman in their home in Kentwood back in January. He has not yet been charged in that case.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- West Michigan marathoners leave for Boston
- My Town Ada: Construction company targeted in real estate rental scam
- My Town: Ada Farmers Market prepares for a new extended season
- My Town Cascade Township: Deputy shares tips for fraud protection during free workshop
- Local runners looking forward to Boston Marathon