Kentwood plans to rebuild burned playground | News
KENTWOOD, Mich. (WZZM) - Kentwood's mayor says that the city will rebuild the playground that burned down on Thanksgiving morning.
A suspicious fire torched the playground at 1999 Wolfboro, near Kalamazoo Avenue and 52nd Street on Thanksgiving morning.
Mayor Richard Clanton says that the structure is covered by the city's insurance and rebuilding the playground will be similar to the format the city used in 2001 in building the park in the first place. There will be an open house at a yet to be determined time for input from the community.
Kentwood Police are still working to identify suspects responsible for the fire. Anyone with information should call the Kentwood Police Department at 698-6580 or Silent Observer at 774-2345.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Ada/Cascade: Evangelical leaders discuss immigration reform
- My Town: New business brings vegan handbags, fashion benefits to Grand Rapids area
- My Town Cascade: Academy of Music in Grand Rapids celebrates new space
- My Town Kentwood: TSA expands prescreening option at Ford Airport
- Ada woman charged in fatal crash accepts plea
- My Town EGR: Snow hinders water meter readers for a second month
- My Town EGR: A way through life's transitions
- My Town EGR: City commissioners review Boulevard Bridge project March 3
- My Town EGR: Final performances of CLUE the musical
- My Town EGR: City commissioners to review Boulevard Bridge project plans