Kentwood plans to rebuild burned playground | News
KENTWOOD, Mich. (WZZM) - Kentwood's mayor says that the city will rebuild the playground that burned down on Thanksgiving morning.
A suspicious fire torched the playground at 1999 Wolfboro, near Kalamazoo Avenue and 52nd Street on Thanksgiving morning.
Mayor Richard Clanton says that the structure is covered by the city's insurance and rebuilding the playground will be similar to the format the city used in 2001 in building the park in the first place. There will be an open house at a yet to be determined time for input from the community.
Kentwood Police are still working to identify suspects responsible for the fire. Anyone with information should call the Kentwood Police Department at 698-6580 or Silent Observer at 774-2345.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry