Authorities investigate string of garage fires | News
GAINES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) - For the third time in three weeks, investigators are looking into the cause of a garage fire at a Kent County apartment complex.
The latest happened Wednesday night at the Woodfield East apartment complex near 60th Street and Eastern Ave. SE. Two garages were damaged, but the fire is not considered suspicious.
Three weeks earlier, there were two fires across the street at the Woodfield Apartments complex. The first was not suspicious, but the second was intentionally set.
The Dutton Fire Department is investigating a possible connection between the fires.
Upcoming Events near Kentwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Head of ADAC Automotive to lead automotive supplier board
- My Town: Congressional candidates to hold public forums
- My Town: Construction underway on adult day care center
- My Town: Four fun ways to prepare for heading back to school
- My Town: Final days are here for British icon's garden art exhibit